Friday, June 10, 2016

Nyle & Peta – Review of DWTS Season 22, Week 06


DWTS Season 22, Week 06

REVIEW:  Nyle & Peta



Dancing a fast and zany (and yet, still not at all Pro-level!) Quickstep to "Hey Pachuco" by Royal Crown Revue, Actor/Model (and yet … Yeah, no!, still not at all Pro-level!), Nyle DiMarco, and his, well, PRO partner, Peta Murgatroyd, submitted their Famous Dances Night Routine.

Nyle & Peta
DWTS Season 22, Week 06
- Famous Dances Night


I LOVED this Dance!!

Following in the Fan-thrilling – and yes, even - Mirror Ball-WINNING footsteps of beloved DWTS Alums, Helio Castranova (Season 05, with Pro, Julianne Hough
and Shawn Johnson (Seasons 08 and 15, with Pros, Mark Ballas and Derek Hough, respectively), the incredible, Season 22, Dynamic Duo that is TeamRedefiningDance stayed true to their Team Name on Monday Night, deftly "redefining" what is already an endeared, Glitter Dome-Classic pairing of this certain Song and Dance Style (Twice over, mind you, in Seasons 05 and 15!) and effectively creating yet another SMASHING Rendition that is definitely all their own!

Nyle & Peta
DWTS Season 22, Week 06
- Famous Dances Night


To be honest, and while it does seem almost cruel to mention (but for the purposes of what follows in this post, I will), Nyle was slightly off the Beat of the Song and yes, as a direct result, out of Sync with Peta once or twice; not to mention, though it pains me to have to say it, his Frame was – yet again - Regrettably Hunched.

Nyle & Peta
DWTS Season 22, Week 06
- Famous Dances Night


That said, in the end, I found this Dance to a positively STELLAR Exhibition; and I must say, I particularly enjoyed the Routine's staged theatrics of Nyle grabbing that one Rose from off the table using only his teeth and his general reenactment of Jim Carrey's Cartoon-y, unhinged, Quickstepping Mask Maniac to be more than a little amusing and wonderfully gratifying overall!  (Great job, Peta!!)

Nyle & Peta
DWTS Season 22, Week 06
- Famous Dances Night


"I think my Competition right now is Val [Chmerkovskiy]." Nyle commented before this Performance, in his pre-Dance Rehearsal Package, "Val and Ginger?" Someone had asked, off-screen.  "No, I mean Val!" replied DiMarco with a laugh, "Val, himself!"

"He has to be my main 'Competition'" continued Nyle, "It's not the Celebrities.  I'm looking at Val, because, I don’t really, necessarily, see them being better than me.  I'm just feeling confident!"

<Popping Lips>  Well, Nyle, I could have told you that that kind of misguided presumption was gonna get you in trouble …

"… The Performance was terrific, and you never cease to amaze me!" began Len Goodman, when critiquing the Dance.  

"However," he continued,  "however, you know, I cut a lot of slack on this show and as I got older, I got kinder; but let's analyze it … Your toes [are] turned in, the Charleston section was poor, you lose control, there was very few Heel-Leads on the slows, so, you know, you're a good dancer, but don't go saying 'I'm as good as Val' because you're just annoying people! … It's ridiculous!  …"

Well, yeah, well said, Len!  And while it seems that (in my opinion) Nyle may have just been baited into saying what he said during his Package by other, off-Camera parties, it simply cannot be denied that Nyle did INDEED say what he said, and no one forced him to either!

"I  have a lot of respect for you," remarked Panel Judge, Carrie Ann Inaba, "'Cause it's really hard to dance in a mask like that!  … I think that you are a good dancer, and you are certainly a 'contender'; but tonight I felt that your frame … was very broken!  … You have to watch it because it's short, and it's a little bit hunched, and you're not as crisp as I would have liked.  I know the Character's a little 'Wild', I understand the 'Wildness' …  however, I feel that it got away from you!  ..."



No comments:

Post a Comment