Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Ginger & Val, Freestyle – Review of DWTS Season 22, Week 10



DWTS Season 22, Week 10
REVIEW:  Ginger & Val,
Freestyle


Performing a Freestyle (?) Dance to “Orange Colored Sky” by Nat King ColeGinger Zee and her Pro Partner, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, presented their (in my opinion) Downright Disappointing Dance.

This performance was… Well, it was … hmmm … I’m finding it really hard to say something nice about this next routine… Well!  Surely the nice things will come, let’s move right on to the bad shall we?

Freestyle?!   Freestyle Shmeestyle!  This dance felt, to me, like nothing more than a glorified Foxtrot!  Maybe not the worst, but, definitely one the most boring Freestyles this show has ever seen!

... Sorry, but, it's true!


Ginger & Val
DWTS Season 22, Week 10
- The Finals, Night 01 - 
Freestyle Round


I mean, I get what they were going for (I think) but I feel it must have gotten lost in translation!


Ginger & Val
DWTS Season 22, Week 10
- The Finals, Night 01 - 
Freestyle Round


The choreography fell so short of anything that could be awed at and of what I know a Chmerkovskiy is more than capable of (sorry Val!)!  And Ginger’s dancing of it was, as ever, out-of-sync, heavy-footed,  jerky and even, at some points, just downright sloppy!


Ginger & Val
DWTS Season 22, Week 10
- The Finals, Night 01 - 
Freestyle Round


Now, now, I’m not trying to harp on poor Ginger.  She’s had plenty of decent dances this season … I’m simply saying that this was not one of them.

In the end, for me, this so-called freestyle was upon the whole, underwhelming, overrated and, as I said, boring.

I suppose the one thing that can be said for this dance is, throughout the entire performance, the team of Ginger and Val seemed to maintain a constant air of carefree (to be sure!) happiness and fun that seemed to work in their favor…

In short, even though the dance sucked, Ginger & Val seemed to capture your attention, so that, much like a train wreck, you just couldn't look away!

Ginger & Val
DWTS Season 22, Week 10
- The Finals, Night 01 - 
Freestyle Round



See video (below) to watch Ginger & Val's Freestyle on Week 10, The Finals of DWTS, courtesy of Dancing With The Stars' great YouTube channel!





No comments:

Post a Comment