Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Verbal Minute-Waltz with Witney


Champion Pro Witney Carson

Briefly Touches on 

Season 23 Fantasy Partners,  

DWTS-Tutoring Dreads, 

and Other Topics!



Witney Carson during an interview with ET.

Mirror Ball winning, Dancing with the Stars Professional, Witney Carson, has recently disclosed a few of her own personal hopes and thoughts for DWTS' all-new, upcoming, sequins-studded venture, Season 23, when she opened for some Fan-posed questions during an Interview with ET!

“We’ve been doing a couple of rehearsals but, nothing too crazy yet.  The madness hasn’t started yet!”


Shared Witney, when remarking on her – and presumably fellow Pros' - current “waiting” period for news on her newest DWTS Celebrity Partner and when asked if she might have any Celeb-hopefuls already in mind, the 22-year-old Dancer responded enthusiastically,


“Oh, yeah! I’ve got a ton! –Uh, Channing Tatum, Zac Effron … Chris Hemsworth, Liam Hemsworth!”
 “Any Hemsworth, really!”, the Pro amended with a laugh,“Bring ‘em on in!”

Carson then continued on more soberly that at this point in her DWTS career, she's had the opportunity to Instruct and Dance with some “amazing” Star Partners –

“So, I think, at this point, just somebody who’s really nice, and really willing to work hard.”  “I think one of the Olympians would be awesome,” the Instructor grinned, “since the Olympics just happened… like Michael Phelps!” she added suggestively

When mentioned that Gold Medal-winning, Olympic Gymnast, Simone Biles, might be joining in on this latest Season's dancing fun, Witney excitedly threw in,

“Oh, that would be awesome!  I really hope [that] she decides to do it! … I’ve usually heard tons of rumors by now,” the Champion went on to playfully complain, “ and I’ve heard zip!  Like, zero!  … Element of Surprise, I guess …!”

The Mirror Ball Professional of 5 Seasons was then questioned on whether or not she’d be willing to disclose a favorite Partner from the past, if indeed one exists; but, as Witney commented, she could no more pick a favorite sibling!

“… Don’t do that to me!” she pleaded in response with a smile, “… it's like [inquiring] ‘Okay, so tell me who your favorite sibling is!’  … It changes every day …!”



Witney Carson during an interview with ET.


Past wardrobes– and all those beautiful, sequined dresses! - was also duly discussed, with Witney sharing,

“The costumes are incredible, you guys!  Like, the Wardrobe Team is spectacular!  They make those costumes in less than four days – and they make ‘em for everybody!  Like, it’s nuts!“My most, like, iconic [costume], I think, is when I did the Carlton with Alphonso!  … That’s gotta be my favorite dance, and, just like, the dress was just so simple … just so iconic to the number!  …I actually stole it, so, just don’t tell anybody because I loved it so much!”

And, while delving into the Past, Carson was also questioned on her own start down the road to becoming a Champion Performer and a household name!

“So, I started dancing when I was little, little girl!  My mom put me in when I was around 3-years-old, and I think she wanted to live vicariously through me, ‘cause she loved it, and she could tell that I loved it ‘cause I could not stop moving ever since I was little!  … I started with Tap, then I went to Jazz, Hip-hop, and Ballet, and Ballroom – eventually – when I was about 9-years-old. … I just remember, like, it was a weird thing with boys, then, right?  Like boys had ‘cooties’ … but you had to be so comfortable around them, and you had to, like, touch their hand and they had to touch your waist, and so I would cry everyday to my mom … ‘Please, don’t make me go!  Please!’ … and I’m really glad that she made me go, because I got over that phase and I am where I am.  … Thanks, Mom, for that!  … She’s extremely proud!”

“… [I’m] always choreographing!” The Emmy-nominated Choreographer additionally shared of herself; and, what is clearly, her insatiable love for the Performing Arts, “My mind is always working! It’s a little ADD, but its fine!” she joked.“Some people, like, listen to music and they kinda, like, jam out, but I’m, like, thinking of Steps!” The Pro further explained.

When asked which Dance Style might be her favorite to teach an amateur Partner, Witney confidently replied,

“I tell you what that hardest one is!  The hardest one to teach is actually Samba … the actual technique takes years for people to perfect!  It's just ‘cause it’s so foreign to their bodies … So, we usually just try and not get that! – We say, ‘Please, not Samba!  Anything but Samba!’ … I really like teaching Tango!” continued Carson, “… They usually pick up Tango pretty quick because it’s all just Steps and really sharp Flicks.”

Naturally, the number one question that is seemingly the most forefront on every Fans' mind is that of any news in regards to as what to expect from DWTS’ latest Ballroom escapades!

“ I really don’t know anything!” admitted Witney, “ But … the Producers are awesome the way they just make the Show new and unique every, single season!” … We have a couple, uh, opportunities where we can do Feature Performances now … So, like, the Pros will be able to create something with another Pro … it's gives us a chance to, like, use our creativity to the fullest! …”

Of course, there is one aspect of Season 23 that Carson is quite sure of – the desire to win her second Mirror Ball Trophy! Says the veteran Pro with a smile,

“It's time!”





No comments:

Post a Comment