Thursday, September 15, 2016

Heeeeere's HOUGH!


DWTS' 6-time Mirror Ball Champion Pro, Derek Hough, Returns for Season 23!!



Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, and Ballroom-enthusiasts of all ages, it is with the greatest of pleasure and undeniable – and duly ecstatic! – JOY that this dwtslover is able to confirm the surprise return of Dancing with the Stars' one and only SIX-time Mirror Ball Champion, that Master of Ballroom himself, that Choreographing THRILL, Mr. Derek Hough!!
(https://www.instagram.com/p/BIxeQsuB6QK/?taken-by=derekhough&hl=en)

Derek Hough


(Excuse me for just a paragraph, would you? – Whilst I geek out!)

<Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!> I can’t believe it!  This is almost too to be true!!  <Clapping hands while shrieking loudly and all but ignoring any disgruntled neighbors> HOUGH, HOUGH, HOUGH, HOUGH, HOUGH!!!

Oookay, and we’re back now!

<Stifling yet another shriek> Ahem!  Sorry!! …

Now, albeit EXHILARATING news to be sure (<Pffftt> 
THERE’S an understatement for you!), naturally one of the first questions Derek’s unheralded returns brings to every Fans’ mind is, But, weren’t you going on Broadway?

“I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.” began Hough when explaining his sudden return to the DWTS Ballroom for the show's 23rd Season, according to inquisitor.com, “This fall, I was planning on being immersed in rehearsals for Singin' in the Rain on Broadway, but due to the successes of shows currently running, that project has been delayed because there simply isn’t a theater available.”

Well, I think I speak for most Fans, Derek, when I say, Hey-hey, let’s hear it for #Broadway-Bump-Backs!!

Still, as the 31-year-old Dancer went on to explain, all is far from lost when it comes to Hough returning soon to that Great White Way!

“Singin’ in the Rain is still very much part of my future plans.  [However,] With my fall schedule freeing up, I’m excited to say I’ll be back on Dancing with the Stars for season 23, ... It’s always great to be back with my DWTS family,” The Fan-favorite Professional noted, “ coaching, creating, and making lasting memories.”

Further commentary from Hough also went on to denote some still-concrete plans to appear in NBC's Hairspray Live! come this December.

“I’m grateful to everybody at Hairspray Live! for enabling me to do double duty on two major productions at the same time this fall.  It’s going to be a challenge that I m looking forward to.”

As are we, Derek, as are we!!

Of course, while a return this soon can be said to have been a little more than unexpected for many of DWTS’ Fan-base, a reappearance from Derek in the Show’s glittering Ballroom has been generally expected – if not demanded – for some time now, with even the Emmy-winning Choreographer himself having earlier declared, according to inquisitor.com,

“I’m not one for closing chapters in that way, especially for something that’s been so important for me, and that’s been like family for so many years.  So, for me in my mind, that door is always open …”

And it would appear that many of DWTS' beloved Pros and familiar faces have reopened their own doors back onto the Studio's Dance Floor as well, as Derek will be joined by none other than fellow Returning, Mirror Ball Champion Pros, Cheryl Burke, and that “Bad Boy of the Ballroom” himself, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, in what is already shaping up to be an incredible Reunion Season!!

Don’t miss ABC’s FULL Cast Announcement, set to kick off on the morning of August 30th, 2016 on Good Morning America (GMA) to find out what other Pros might be returning and which Celebs have made it to Season 23’s Ballroom Competition!


Derek Hough



No comments:

Post a Comment