Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Noah & Sharna - Review of DWTS Season 20, Week 08


DWTS Season 20, Week 08

REVIEW:  Noah & Sharna


Noah & Sharna:

To begin the highly-anticipated America's Choice Night, Noah Galloway and his Professional partner, Sharna Burgess, danced the Tango to "Geronimo" by Sheppard.

I loved, loved, loved (... loved, loved, loved, ...) this dance!

And I cannot believe that I just saw Noah go out there and dance a Tango ... A perfectly-executed and beautifully-choreographed (another fantastic job, Sharna!) Tango!



Noah & Sharna's Tango S20, Wk08 -
America's Choice Night


Seriously now, did anyone else's bottom jaw just smack the floor!?! ... Noah's dancing was absolutely incredible!



Noah & Sharna's Tango S20, Wk08 - 
America's Choice Night


His Frame was positively impeccable, his Musicality was outrageously good, his Footwork was stellar, and his turns were so smooth, graceful, and seemingly-effortless as to make you take for granted for a moment that he was dancing this Tango on one leg!

Speaking of, I just want to take a moment and shed light on the questionable taste of the general public with the designing of this routine ...

Upon the whole, it was most excellently thought out and put together:  The all-white suit and dress, the pleasing blue hue that coated the Ballroom, the offset of the large, stark, white clouds, blowing fiercely across it, the all-white, sharply-clad Drum core that lined the stage .... all very beautiful to be sure; but, I just gotta ask, was it really the best choice to have a Iraqi War Veteran dance to a song that periodically blares the chorus "Bombs Away"?  And to add insult to injury, you designed the stage with a row of plain white flags standing across it ... the international, military symbol of surrender!?!  I'm sure whomever designed all that and/or chose the song had no ill or mean-spirited intent, and merely wasn't thinking clearly that day; but nonetheless, our War Heroes deserve a little more respect and consideration than that, wouldn't you say?

Once again, despite how much I enjoyed this captivating performance (... 'cause, you know, I'm sane ...), the judges seemed to derive nothing but personal pleasure from raining on my parade!

" ... It's difficult to judge," began Len Goodman, " ... My normal way of judging the Tango, I look for flexed knees, I look for staccato; and I can't look at those things, so I have to base it on performance ... I would've liked a little bit more intensity during it, between the two of you but, first out, first dance, well done!"

pffffttt!< Buzzer sound! > Next!

" ... it was a bit blocky," offered Carrie Ann Inaba, "I know it's very hard to avoid that, but I have to call it:  There was a bit of a blockiness, that I didn't see last Week, but, um, you have one more dance tonight."

<Crickets>

You mean "last Week", as in, when Noah and Sharna danced the Jazz!?

Noah's Tango was "blocky", was it?  Good grief, Carrie Ann, do you just enjoy stating the obvious sometimes?  It was a one-leggedone-armed Tango, and it was excellent, thank you very much!!

Really now, judges, the night is still young, but this is not a promising start!



See below for ABC's DWTS YouTube video of Noah & Sharna's Season 20, Week 08, Tango!



No comments:

Post a Comment