Thursday, August 20, 2015

Rumer & Val - Review of DWTS Season 20, Week 07



DWTS Season 20, Week 07
REVIEW:  
Rumer & Val




Rumer & Val:

Rumer Willis and her Professional dancing partner, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, danced a 1950's, Ooops! ... Sorry, I meant "1960's" Jive to "Dear Future Husband" (love that song!) by Meghan Trainor.


Rumer & Val's dance, a "60s" Jive.
DWTS Season 20, Week 07 - Eras Night
Hmmm ... looks more like the 50s to me but, whatevs!


Well, first off, I just want it separately noted that I found Val's Broadway-like choreography for this Jive routine to be complete 1950's, ... uh, 60's! ... perfection, and 100% adorable!


Rumer & Val dance a "60's" Jive
Season 20, Week 07.


I loved the Barber Shop setting, the broom dance opener, the inclusion of backup dancers, the overall light-hearted fun and lively performance, everything!


L-R: Jenna, Rumer, and Lindsay during
Rumer & Val's dance, a "60s" Jive.
DWTS Season 20, Week 07 - Eras Night

L-R:  Alan, Val, and Paul during
Rumer & Val's dance, a "60s" Jive.
DWTS Season 20, Week 07 - Eras Night

L-R:  Alan, Val, and Paul during
Rumer & Val's dance, a "60s" Jive.
DWTS Season 20, Week 07 - Eras Night


As for Rumer, on the other slightly-disappointed hand, I found her performance level to rate a "really good, not great".

Her dancing was a bit stiff and heavy-footed, and her general, "auto-pilot" look and expression suggested a half-hearted, cautious attempt from Rumer, to merely "get through" the routine, rather than attacking it with her usual flair and snap.


L-R:  Rumer, Jenna, and Val, during
Rumer & Val's dance, a "60s" Jive.
DWTS Season 20, Week 07 - Eras Night


Now, don't get me wrong, it wasn't like Rumer went out there and just "flubbed" the proverbial "Dubb", or anything; and I really did enjoy the routine overall.  It's just that, in the end (although it pains me to say it, being a huge fan of Valenrue), Rumer's dancing left something to be desired!

Judge Carrie Ann Inaba apparently echoed my feelings on the subject, and phrased it best, when she observed, " ... it just felt a little bit safe! ... and I can only be this critical with you because you're so good! ... "

And Head Judge Len Goodman put the final paint to it when he added, " ... I liked the dance very much! It could've had a tad more flair ... but overall, I've said it many times and I'm gonna say it again, 'You're a great pair!', well done!".


Rumer & Val's dance, a "60s" Jive.
DWTS Season 20, Week 07 - Eras Night


See below for ABC's DWTS YouTube video of Rumer & Val's Season 20, Week 07, Jive!




No comments:

Post a Comment