Friday, October 2, 2015

Bindi's "Big Brother"!


DWTS Down Under Darling’s

“Brother”, Derek Hough!



Bindi Irwin and Derek Hough














Australian Celeb and Season 21 Sweetheart, Bindi Irwin, has gained in her Professional dance partner a new-found older “brother” … and all that goes with it!

“You know, I’ve got four sisters, and now I’ve got five sisters …” disclosed the 5-time Mirror Ball Champion, Derek Hough, (according to ibtimes.com) after Monday night’s competition.

And it would seem that the lovingly self-nominated big brother is taking his new role very seriously, up to and including some man-to-man chats with Irwin’s recently publicized boyfriend, Florida native, Chandler Powell, on how to properly-attend to little sis when going out, following the 17-year-olds physically-stressful Dance Rehearsals!


“…I’m a protective big brother, what can I say?” admitted the Dance Instructor, before further sharing, “I give him, ‘Alright, young man, you go home, have her in bed by Seven.  Get the Tea, get the Ice Pack - 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off’ - … it’s like that, …”

Lucky for Bindi, who apparently sustained an injury to her ankle while preparing for the Couple’s Week 03 TV Night performance, it looks as though Derek’s instruction could not have fallen on more willing and open ears than 18-year-old Chandler’s, who had flown to L.A. to catch Bindi & Derek’s Jeffersons-themed Quickstep live from the DWTS Audience.

“It’s really funny” Bindi has remarked according to etonline.com, “because every night I’ll come home and he’ll [Chandler] be like, ‘Let’s get the ice, let’s get a cup of tea, and let’s get you food.’!  It’s kind of like this Checklist.” … “The tendons are all stretched and inflamed ...” she informed Us Weekly; “but by next week they should be all good.”

Still, despite whatever endearing amusement it may afford, Powell acts determined to follow Hough’s directives to the letter!

“I've been on ankle duty the last couple of days, icing her down!  I don't mind!” revealed the Professional Wake boarder, before adamantly praising his girlfriend’s dancing capabilities on the show.  “Bindi is crushing it, … I loved seeing the whole show!  I loved seeing everyone dance!  I expected her to do really well, but she is exceeding my expectations!  I am really proud of her!”

“He's so cute!” admitted Bindi.  “Every night I come home and he's like, 'Here's what we're going to do: you're going to sit down here, put this ice on it...', and it's so cold I'm going, 'No! Get it off, get it off!' [but] he's like, 'No, you have to have it 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, and then I'll make you a hot cup of tea and I'll hug you, so the rest of you will be warm, just not your foot!”

Joining in the seemingly ever growing band of Bindi’s health supporters, is of course, Bindi’s mother, Terri, beloved widow of the late Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, who, according to Bindi, also looks out for her during rehearsals.

“She is so kind,” the proud daughter gushed.  “She’s there every single day during rehearsals.  Derek will tell you, she sits on the little couch and runs Australia Zoo” (of which, Terri is the owner). “She’s running the Zoo, but she’s here with me in rehearsals, and that means everything!” 

It would certainly appear that between Derek, Chandler, Terri, and Bindi’s equally present baby brother, Robert Irwin, Bindi and her ankle are in the best of hands!

“I think that love and support is just something we all need in life,” The Teen has observed.  “We need those people to keep us going.”

And, of course, to Ice our ankles!

“I have the best family,” Irwin has also stated.  “I don’t know how I got such a gorgeous family, but somehow I did and I feel very, very lucky.”


No comments:

Post a Comment