Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Brief Look at Our DWTS, Season 22 Cast! – Geraldo Rivera


Some More Information

re: the Members of DWTS,

Season 22’s Cast!!



World-famous News Reporter and Talk Show Host, Geraldo Rivera, is joining up with Dancing With The Stars’ all-new Cast for Season 22!

Geraldo & Edyta


A well-known Reporter, Attorney, and former Investigator for the N.Y.P.D, Rivera is also a highly publicized Author, penning no less than 7 published works, and is additionally (and primarily) known for being the Host of his self-entitled Series, Geraldo (1987-1998), a widely popular, CBS Tabloid Talk Show series famous (and infamous) for exposing society’s seedy underbelly, often “tearing into” and openly discussing what some might consider to be “Sensitive Subjects”.

At age 72, Geraldo enters this Spring’s exciting Competition with the distinct honor of being the Season’s oldest, competing Celebrity.

“I’m the only Puerto Rican in America who can’t dance!” Geraldo has quipped of his joining
DWTS and his current Rehearsal progression, “… but I really am very enthusiastic about it.  It’s way out of my comfort-zone, it was on my Bucket List, this is the third time they have asked [and] I finally said ‘Yes!’ before it was too late.”

Having been partnered with DWTS’ Returning Pro, Edyta Sliwinska, Rivera reveals that the almost-overwhelming Ballroom task ahead will certainly present its challenges!

“In many ways, it’s scarier than being in Afghanistan [where Rivera has worked as a War Correspondent], where I have been 11 times, or being in Iraq, where I have been 11 times … that’s my comfort-zone - being a War Correspondent or interviewing Politicians - … that kind of thing.  But to be in this world [of Ballroom Dance] … to have a Pro like this lovely, young lady <motioning to Edyta, who was seated next to him> on my arm is pretty ego boosting!”

Geraldo & Edyta


“I think we’re gonna have a blast together,” exclaimed Sliwinska of her pairing up with Geraldo.

 “… so here’s the thing,” noted the 34-year-old Dancer, “since I’ve been gone for so many Seasons, I’m known to be the really patient one, but things really have changed, and now I’m the most demanding person on here,” smiled Edyta, “so watch out!”, she added with a laugh.

 Still, it seems that Geraldo will have absolutely zero issues with Sliwinska’s self-proclaimed, strict work ethic, observing, “It is one thing to walk, it’s another thing to dance! …”


No comments:

Post a Comment