Thursday, September 17, 2015

Alexa & Mark - Review of DWTS Season 21, Week 01


DWTS Season 21, Week 01

REVIEW: Alexa & Mark



Alexa PenaVega and her Professional partner, Mark Ballas, kicked (and flicked!) off their Season with a fast and furious Jive to "Whistle (While You Work It)" by Katy Tiz.


Alexa & Mark danced The Jive
DWTS Season 21, Week 01
Everything about this dance was spot-on  

from the setting, to the costumes,
to the music (I totally dig that song!)!
... nooot really feelin' the "do", Mark ...
(the braid was a little much) ... but ... whatevs!


Alright, well, I'm just gonna say it, the PenaVegas are absolutely killing it so far in this competition!

I'm talking marital bliss turned Ballroom Bliss.  This Dynamite Duo proved Monday night that they mean dancing business; and, I have an excited feeling that Week 01 is just the start for this couple!


Alexa & Mark - The Jive
DWTS Season 21, Week 01
I thought that Alexa did Really well!
I was a little surprised to see her scores ... 22?!
C'mon, people!  It may not have been the

perfect Jive but, it's Week 01!


And speaking of dynamite, did Alexa just come out and explode on that dance floor, or what?!

She was positively incredible with her terrific rhythm, her feminine ability, and her full-on attack of the (rather fast-paced - very nice Mark!) choreography!


This Jive , I thought, was exceptional,
especially for Week 01!
It was content-heavy and very fast at that!
Well done, guys!  Nice Choreography, Mark!
Can't wait to see y'all again next week!


Plus, I even heard said that at one or two points during the performance, Alexa actually ad-libbed a little; and, if that's true, then I have no idea where in the dance she did it which only proves her natural showmanship!

Alexa & Mark's Jive
DWTS Season 21, Week 01
Talk about "Whistle while you work it"!  Alexa
was workin' it all up and down that Ballroom floor!
She came out (it seemed to me) with
 confidence and it showed in her dance ... I do hope she won't be
discouraged by her scores, because, if she keeps this up,
I think this couple could go really far!


Bottom line:  She and Mark were great; and, I cannot wait to see what this Couple will pull out next Week!




See video (below) to watch Alexa & Mark's Jive on Week 01 of DWTS (also included in the video is Carlos & Witney's Jive), courtesy of Dancing With The Stars great YouTube channel!




No comments:

Post a Comment