Thursday, September 17, 2015

Andy & Allison - Review of DWTS Season 21, Week 01


DWTS Season 21, Week 01

REVIEW: Andy & Allison




dwtslover's Celebrity Fantasy Pick (Thank YOU, Dancing With The Stars!), Andy Grammer, and his Professional dancing partner, Allison Holker, danced a Fantastic Foxtrot to "Marvin Gaye" by Charlie Puth, featuring Meghan Trainor!


Andy & Allison - The Foxtrot
DWTS Season 21, Week 01
This was a very nice Foxtrot; and, I thought
that Andy did pretty well with it.
I was a little concerned about the peachy-colored 

wardrobe; but actually, partnered with the song
and the setting, it made for an overall retro feel which
was perfect for this dance!


I absolutely loved (loved, loved, LOVED!) this performance!

First off, well-deserved props simply must go out to Allison for the whole look, feel, and choreography of this downright-pleasing routine (!);

I think that Andy's biggest problem will
be in keeping his frame because he tends to
want to hunch over a bit (a huge no-no in the ballroom!).
That being said, what he lacked in frame
he made up for with charm!  Andy has an
extremely-friendly way about him that (I think)
came through in the dance.  Nicely done!


and, secondly, I found Andy's attitude and personality before, during, and after this dance to be positively endearing!


This dance was really well-suited for
Andy.  Nice Choreography, Allison!  It was
simple, sweet, and somewhat charming.
I was very pleased with how this couple fared.
 I want to see them do well because
I like Andy and I like Allison and I'm exited to see
what they'll do in the coming weeks!


As for his dancing, it wasn't the best - he really should work on keeping his "Head Up" (see what I did there?!), his shoulders back, and his overall movement more fluid and smooth; but, in the end, this Foxtrot was most definitely one of the better routines of the night; and I can't wait to see how Andy might progress next Week!

Andy & Allison finish their Foxtrot.  
Nice job, guys!  This dance was
(in my opinion) one of the nicest dances
of Week 01!  Allison did great on the choreography
and Andy did really well with the dancing of it.
I can't wait to see you guys next week!





See video (below) to watch Andy & Allison's Foxtrot on Week 01 of DWTS, courtesy of Dancing With The Stars great YouTube channel!



No comments:

Post a Comment