Thursday, September 17, 2015

Tamar & Val- Review of DWTS Season 21, Week 01




DWTS Season 21, Week 01

REVIEW:  Tamar Val



Tamar Braxton and her Professional partner, reigning Mirror Ball Champion, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, began their Season with an impressively fast-paced Quickstep to " Do Your Thing" (Love That Song!) by Basement Jaxx.

Tamar & Val danced the Quickstep
DWTS Season 21, Week 01

thought that they looked  really good together.
 I loved the costumes, the music, and
 the setting.  It was all really fun!


Well, it must be said that the Quickstep is NOT an easy routine to conquer no matter when it is danced ... MUCH LESS when it is danced on Week 01 of the competition! ... That is just insane, and, not to mention, unheard of!

I think Tamar did really well with the dancing of this performance which was very well-choreographed by Val;

Tamar & Val - The Quickstep
DWTS Season 21, Week 01
I was really shocked when I found out that
 DWTS was going to have The Quickstep in Week 01!!
  I mean, c'mon, that's crazy!
  That being said, I thought that Tamar handled it really well.
Val's Choreography was, of course, spot-on!

although - and I can't quite put my finger on why exactly - it seemed as though Tamar was going through the motions of the dance on "auto-pilot" ... like her heart wasn't in it, or something.

Tamar's dancing was really good ... there was just something
a little off about everything else; but hey, that's
just my opinion. I did enjoy them as a team
and I'm excited to see what they'll do in the coming weeks!


There was just no "spark"; and, it felt really hard not to let your mind wander during what should have easily been an attention-grabbing routine.

Regardless, the steps were extremely well-executed; and, I am very excited to see Tamar and Val perform again next Week!

That was a really good Quickstep, especially
 for having to do it Week 01!
I'm excited to see what they'll do next week!



See video (below) to watch Tamar & Val's Quickstep on Week 01 of DWTS, courtesy of Dancing With The Stars great YouTube channel!



No comments:

Post a Comment