Friday, September 11, 2015

The Finale - Review of DWTS Season 20, Week 10


DWTS Season 20, Week 10

REVIEW:  The Finale




A Night filled with Grand Productions, Spectacular Musical Performances, Old Rivalries, Familiar Faces, Heart-warming Routines, and Hilarious Skits and Bloopers, Dancing With The Stars certainly went all out  when it cooked (or choreographed!) up a Superiorly-Smashing, Super-fun, Slam-bang finish for its 10th Anniversary Season!!

A short, albeit, (I flatter myself) quippy Review would, of course, hardly be able to afford such an incredible night its due justice, as it is worth at least a thousand words ... Which is precisely why I have elected to review this night in Pictorial form! ... After all, a single picture is worth a thousand words, right?  So, as grand as this Night was, I think that a multi-picture review ought to cover it!



The Night Started with a bang when 
Mark, Lindsay, Witney & Derek 
opened up DWTS' Season 20's epic Finale!




There's Charlotte & Keo!
I liked this couple a lot!
Okay, okay, so her dancing wasn't always
 top-notch; but, she was fun and a good sport.
 I enjoyed her and Keo Together!




There's Suzanne & Tony!
Tony was the perfect pro partner for Suzanne.  

I enjoyed their Week 04 
(Most Memorable Year Night) Foxtrot the best...
It was fun and elegant ...
The perfect fit for Suzanne & Tony! 




Redfooooo!
I freaking enjoyed Redfoo & Emma!
I was so Shocked when he went home Week 02!
I mean, he wasn't a perfect dancer yet; but, his 

Week 01 Cha-cha was Extremely fun and his 
Week 02 Jive was such a Major Improvement that
I really thought they would continue for most of the show!
... Whatevs!




There's Patti & Artem (and Lindsay. back, right).
I wasn't to sure about the whole "hambone 'thing' " 

when I first saw it; but, Patti Totally won me over and 
I found myself waiting each dance for the Patti-Patented-Hambone!
And, she and Artem totally (freaking!) killed it in 

Week 06's "Team Trouble" Dance!




There's Nastia, looking rather serious.
Nastia & Derek were one of the best couples
in this Season's Competition! 

It was truly shocking when they went home Week 09!
I mean, Why couldn't Dancing With The Stars 

have had Four Finalists this time!  
It's not like they haven't done it before!




Chris & Witttneeeeyyyy!
I loved, loved, loved  this couple!
 Witney is capable of making anyone 

look good ... even Chris! ;)
All kidding aside, they really were one 

of the cutest couples this season!  
I was really hoping that they
 would have continued a little farther!




There's Robert & Kym!
They were a good match for each other.
I could have done with a little less of them
being in love all the time; but, other than that,
I did enjoy their dances!




There's Willow & Mark!
I really wasn't sure how Willow would
would do in the competition; but, she ended up
 surprising me with all of her dances.
She was quite good to be only fourteen years old!  




There's the DWTS Judges.
L-R:  Carrie-Ann, Len, Julianne, and Bruno,
having a jolly good time by the looks of it!




Of course, all of DWTS Pros and Troupe were fantastic!  
Here is Jenna (left) and Brittany (right) looking very pretty!
I really enjoy Jenna and  Brittany!

I would love to see what they could do as Pros!




There's Tom Bergeron!,
standing here with the Show's special
10th Anniversary Golden Mirror Ball Trophy!




WitFonzooooo!  Yeeesss!!!
< Jumping out of chair.  Throwing hands
in the air.  Popcorn flying everywhere! >
I Loved Alfonso & Witney in Season 19!!!
It was so cool that they were able to dance together again 

on the show's 20th Season Finale!




There's Sadie & Mark!
This couple was sooo likeable and 

their dances were always extremely fun!
Their Season 19 Mario Freestyle was positively epic!




Alfonso & Sadie!  What could be better?
Season 19's Mirror Ball Champion  and 1st Runner-Up, 

sequined up and dancing again!
... Love it, love it, love it!!




Host Tom Bergeron announces his retirement
from AFV ... < sniff! > AND anounces that
Alfonso Ribeiro will be taking his place!
Well, I hate (really hate!) Tom's leaving; but, 

if anyone can fill his rather large shoes, it's Alfonso!




Jason Derulo is back in the the Ballroom!
Jason made an appearence on Dancing With The Stars
once before in Season 18, when he
performed "Talk Dirty To Me".
Here he is with DWTS Pro, Emma Slater, ...
Lookin' good, guys!




Ah!  And then there's Witney!
Everything's better with a little Witney!




It's Fifth Harmony!  
I really enjoyed their live performance of  "Worth it"!
 They're pretty good dancers ... maybe DWTS 

should have them back as contestants!




Here's Fifth Harmony performing "Worth it".
You can see our DWTS Pros and Troupe in the back, 

L-R:  Sharna, Brittany, Witney,
Lindsay, Emma, Allison, and Jenna.




L-R:  Val, Artem, Alan, Henry, and Keo ...
Nice, DWTS ... nice!




Okay ... having a totally-excited freak-out moment!
It's Amy & Derek!!  

Only one of my all-time favorite couples ever!!  
And they're dancing with Noah & Sharna!




Amy Purdy dancing with Noah Galloway...
This 10th Anniversary Season Finale did not disappoint! ... 

a truly unique and beautiful moment for the Show!




One of Dancing With The Stars' Best Couples Ever!  
Together Again ... < sniff! > I'm not gonna cry! 




Charlotte & Keo danced their Week 01 Cha-cha.
... Not to be a DWTS brat or anything; but, 
really enjoyed their Week 03 Rumba the best!  
Then again, this dance was much more suited for
the all around fun feeling of the night so ... it worked!




Suzanne & Tony performed their Week 03 (Latin Night) Samba. 
I really enjoyed them ... 
Still can't believe that she went home before Patti!
No offence meant to Patti!  It's just that, dance-wise,
I thought Suzanne was just a skosh better.




Here's Robert & Kim dancing their Week 01 Cha-Cha.
As far as the Latin dances go, I thought that
Robert's Week 07 Argentine Tango was his best;
but, this dance was a whole lotta fun!.




Chris & Witney danced their Week 01 Jive.
Personally, this was one of my favorite dances that Chris did; 
and, this time around he seemed to be a bit more relaxed 
which made it a bit more fun to watch!
Witney, of course, is Amazing in every dance that she does!




Nastia & Derek (and Sasha) 
performed their routine from week 07 (Eras Night).
Andy Grammer himself even showed up again to
perform with them which, I thought, was really nice of him!
I hope he (Andy) comes on the show as a contestant one day;
I would absolutely love to see him dance!




Willow & Mark performed their
really-well-done-but-also-really-creepy-Foxtrot.

All joking aside, it was a really good routine.
Mark's costume was super impressive, to say the least;
and, Willow Shields' acting skills really
shined through in this number!




Here's Redfoo performing his "Juicy" Cha-cha!
I loved this dance the first time around; and it was,
in my opinion, even better the second time!
If DWTS ever has another All-Star Season,
I hope Redfoo makes the list!




Patti & Artem performed their Salsa from
 Week 02 (My Jam Monday). 

I really enjoyed this dance the first time around;
and, it was fun to see them do it again.
To be honest, I was kind of hoping to see their week 04 Jazz 

just because I thought it was one of her best ones, dance-wise. 
That said, this dance is pure cool ...
and that really suits the team of Patti & Artem.

Derek Hough and Sister, Julianne, performed
an amazing contemporary dance to the song
"Elastic Heart" by Sia.

This really was one of the best contemporary dances
that I've ever seen on the show ... but ...
of course it is ... it's the Houghs ... duh!


Riker & Allison's Salsa/Quickstep 
24-hr Fusion Dance
DWTS Season 20, Week 10 - The Finals

The 24 hr fusion dance has always been 
somewhat of a mystery to me. 
I mean, here you have this couple who has made it to the finals,
and their Dancing Farewell is to be a routine for which 
they are only given 24 hrs to prepare?   
It is impressive, to be sure; but, (usually) compared to their other 
dances from the season, it's sub-par ... whatevs! 
Riker, however, absolutely killed it




Noah & Sharna's Argentine Tango/Cha-cha
24-hr Fusion Dance
DWTS Season 20, Week 10 - The Finals
The 24 hr Fusion dance has never been one of my 
favorite parts of  Dancing with the Stars. 
I always enjoy it; but, compared to a couple's other dances,
the 24 hr fusion is usually not as good.
 That being said, The Argentine Tango/Cha-cha is the 
dance that current Mirror Ball Champions,
Alfonso Ribeiro and Witney Carson, 
performed last season (S-19) ... Big shoes to fill, indeed; and, 
I thought that Noah & Sharna succeeded beautifully!





Rumer & Val's Foxtrot/Paso Doble
 24-hr Fusion Dance
DWTS Season 20, Week 10 - The Finals
The 24 hr fusion dance has never been one of my 
favorite parts of  Dancing with the Stars. 
I always enjoy it; but, compared to a couple's other dances,
the 24 hr fusion is usually not as good.
 That being said, Rumer and Val totally killed it!
I mean, a Foxtrot/ Paso Doble?  Who'd have thunk?
Coincidentally enough, a Foxtrot/ Paso Doble is the same Fusion 
dance that Val performed last season (S-19) with Janel Parrish.

Dancing With The Stars' Finalist share a
moment in reverie as Patti LaBelle sings
"2 Steps Away"

Patti LaBelle performing "2 Steps Away".
I thought that Patti did a fantastic job!
The song had a ring of beautiful sentimentality to it
  ... perfect for this moment in the competition! 



And the Winner is ...


Rumer & Val!!
YYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!  Way to go, guys!  

Just look at Riker & Allison ... Such good sports!  
... Sooo likable to the very end!




Dancing With The Stars' Season 20
Mirror Ball Champions, Rumer Willis & Val Chmerkovskiy!
Rumer really deserves this and Val wanted it sooo badly! ...
I'm extremely happy for them!




Dancing With The Stars' Special, 10th Anniversary,
Golden Mirror Ball Trophy!




Aaaawwww!!
Look how happy Bruce is!  Seriously!
This is like the ending to a really good movie!




Val Chmerkovskiy, finally hugging his very own
hard-earned, and well-deserved, 

Golden Mirror Ball Trophy!
Happy endings all around!



Well, there you have it, dwtslovers! ... That officially wraps up this Pictorial Review of Season 20's Biggest Night!!


No comments:

Post a Comment